Friday, February 20, 2015

Stage Two (Part One): Packing


Today's itinerary advice: Know where you're going, how to get there, and what you need to bring.
I have quite a few things to update you on, so I'll take it one at a time.
First, it turns out (as I half-suspected, half-hoped) that I already had materials - balloons and a pump - at home. I think my older sister went through a balloon-animal phase a few years ago. At some point, I might need to go and buy more balloons, but I'm not quite sure yet. I also might have already dropped the pump and cracked it a little, but it's still working. Apparently my clumsiness goes beyond what I thought.

^ defective balloon.


Second, I have decided upon the resources I will be using.
A) Two books from the library: Balloon Animals by Barbara Whiter and Balloon Sculpting: A Fun and Easy Guide to Making Balloon Animals, Toys, and Games by Bruce Fife. I don't have them yet, so I will describe them better when I do.
B) YouTube channel with nearly 300 videos
C) Two websites: the first has videos | the second has step-by-step instructions with pictures
The online sources have instructions for specific animals as well as tips and tricks such as special twists and how to inflate balloons by mouth.

Third, I have planned a more precise schedule. I aim to learn at least two new balloon animals a day until about March 1, after which I will ask friends, peers, and you for requests. This will allow me to practice responding to requests, and learn any that my initial list might have missed.

 

Fourth, I actually started making balloon animals three days ago. My next post - more like a continuation of this one - coming very soon, will explain that crazy experience.

Packing is done (although pit stops might be required) - stage two-point-five starts us on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment